- ASH WEDNESDAY - March 1
- The season of Lent begins with Ash Wednesday, named after the practice of placing ashes on the foreheads of faithful as a reminder of human mortality, and as a sign of mourning and repentance to God. In the Catholic Church, Ash Wednesday is observed by fasting and abstinence from meat.
St. Bartholomew St. Bridget 9:00 a.m. Mass 8:30 a.m. Mass 4:30 p.m. Prayer Service with Ashes 12:10 p.m. Prayer Service with Ashes 4:15 p.m. Mass 7:30 p.m. Prayer Service with Ashes
- DEACON BILL BARTLETT
- Deacon Bill has been reassigned to the parishes of Blessed Sacrament and Our Lady of Peace in East Hartford. He was ordained to the Diaconate 16 years ago and has served at St. Bart's for the past 11 years. We wish Bill the best as he moves on in this new assignment. A reception is being planned for mid-March so we can all show him our appreciation for the years in which he has served our church community so well.
- SHREK JR., THE MUSICAL - March 31 to April 2
- St. Bridget School will present this musical. The show will be held in the school auditorium. The cost is $8.00 per ticket for adults and $5.00 for children, 12 and under. Tickets go quickly and space is limited. Make your reservations early by calling the school office at (860) 649-7731 or returning this reservation form with payment (checks made payable to "Saint Bridget School") to the school office in an envelope marked "Shrek Jr. Ticket Order" by Thursday, March 30.
- ST. BART'S SVDP SPRING BAKE SALE - April 1-2
- We will be having our bake sale (cupcakes and items that can be sold for $1 each) in the Father Hussey Hall after all Masses. Bakers and/or helpers are needed. Baked goods can be brought to the Hall on Saturday, April 1 between 1:00 and 5:00p.m. Sign up sheets are located at the parking lot entrance or contact Linda Kostek at LKos47@aol.com or (860) 646-6023.
- PASTORAL PLANNING
- As a response to people's request for more frequent and up-to-date communication, the Office of Pastoral Planning has launched its new Pastoral Planning website. Here you will find information about Pastoral Planning, including a glossary of key terms; people invested in guiding the process; data and statistics that will help inform decisions; news and testimonies from those involved in the pastoral planning process, and much more.
- MORE ITEMS OF INTEREST »»»