- ST. BART'S MINISTRY EXPO 2015
- Last week following each mass, a successful Ministry EXPO was made possible by the dedicated, hard-working parishioners serving our congregation and those in need around us, by example, using their God-given talents. We are proud of their efforts. Our intention was to showcase the numerous ministries and encourage you to become involved. Your talent and time can make each ministry better than ever. See the photos and visit the new Ministries page for more information in case you were not able to attend the Expo or just didn't get to all of the exhibits.
- PASTORAL COUNCIL ELECTION - October 10/11
- Voting will take place at all Masses this weekend for up to four of these nominees.
- LIVING ROSARY - October 11
- October is the month of the Holy Rosary. There will be a Living Rosary prayed outside at the statue of Our Lady on Sunday after the 10:15 Mass. We will assemble in a circle with each person a "bead", or single prayer of the rosary. Come and lead one Hail Mary or pray along with the group. All ages are encouraged to attend.
- ADORATION - October 16
- 8:00 a.m. - 8:15 p.m.
There will be a 12-hour Adoration complimenting the 40 Days for Life campaign at St. Bartholomew's in the church. Please sign up to spend some time in quiet prayer. We need to fill the 12-hour period. The Adoration will flow into Deacon Bill Bartlett's monthly service and end with benediction. Any questions, please contact Maureen Sullivan at 860-647-8814 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BAKE SALE - October 17-18
- The St. Vincent de Paul Society Bake Sale (items that can be sold for $1 each) will be held in the Father Hussey Hall after all the Masses. Bakers and/or helpers are needed. Sign-up sheets will be located at the parking lot entrance or contact Dianne McPherson at 860-646-8524 or email@example.com.
- NEW STAFF MEMBER
Please join us in welcoming Kathy Sheridan to the staff of St. Bartholomew Church. Kathy, a parishioner of St Bart's, is our new Parish Administrative Assistant. She looks forward to meeting all of you. Please stop by the parish office to introduce yourself.
- CHANGE OF PARISH OFFICE HOURS
- The office is now open Friday mornings and closed on Sundays. See the sidebar (right) for the full schedule.
- SOCIAL ACTIVITIES SURVEY
- The Social Activities Committee provides our parish community a chance to take part in fun events and activities by providing an opportunity to meet and to socialize with other parishioners. The committee also plans and staffs the parish picnic along with the Church of St Bridget. We are looking for event suggestions and also people who are willing to help organize and run these activities. Please complete this survey to make your suggestions and/or join the committee.
- OKTOBERFEST - October 24
- Tickets to the Oktoberfest fundraiser for the Haitian Health Foundation are on sale now. Tickets are $30 per person. On October 10/11 and 17/18 tickets for the auction baskets will be sold. See the Events page for details.
- MORE ITEMS OF INTEREST »»»